Important Information About Using Our Services
Salesforce Network may share your profile with clients once you send a proposal for a project or apply for a contract.
What Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
- Using any of our Services, including registering for a User Account through the Website(s)
- Making a purchase from us
- Signing up for email updates
- Sending us your project
- Filling your profile as a candidate (Salesforce Expert or a Service provider)
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a User Account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application for a contract or a project, or admissions if you apply for an online course. It may be, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- Information you provide in connection with career services, for example, salary information, job placement information, career goals, work experience, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
We may allow third party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Quora, LinkedIn), to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These Cookies store information about the content you are browsing together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
These Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you’ve seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you’ve last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads. For more information about online advertising and how you can control or disable these cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
Access to third party services' accounts
Facebook account access Permissions: Email
Matomo, Google Ads conversion tracking, Google Analytics with anonymized IP, Heap Analytics, Twitter Ads conversion tracking, Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook pixel) and LinkedIn conversion tracking Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
User ID extension for Google Analytics Personal Data: Cookies
Google Analytics Demographics and Interests reports Personal Data: Cookies; unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA, for example)
Contacting the User
Displaying content from external platforms
Swiftype, Headway widget, Wistia widget, YouTube video widget and CodePen widget Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
GitHub button and social widgets Personal Data: Usage Data
Content performance and features testing (A/B testing)
Google Optimize Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
Interaction with data collection platforms and other third parties
Remarketing and behavioral targeting
Segment Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
Google Tag Manager Personal Data: Usage Data
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
Salesforce Network will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Employers and /or Clients. We may share the information that we collect from you when you fill the information to join the platform community. For example, when you say that your profile is public it means that our clients may have an access to your profile, or if you send an application or an a proposal you accept by this to share your profile with a client or an employer.
- Third parties companies (as for France “Portage Salarial”) with your consent if you need that your payments are handled by our partners companies.
- Business Partners. With your consent, Salesforce Network may share information that can be used to directly contact you with third party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Profiles and Career Services. If you make your Profile public, your information will be publicly accessible and further share with our network of hiring partners, including, without limitation, performance in online courses, demographic information (such gender), details of your Profile and other information related to your work experience and goals.
- Related Entities and Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of Salesforce Network.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Salesforce Neywork assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Salesforce Network will comply with such restrictions.
Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using adresse email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Your local laws, such as in the European Union, may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Username and email address associated with your Salesforce Network User Account;
- Approximate date of User Account registration;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your User Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User Account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion.